A Day in Heels


Dresses, skirts and high-heeled shoes aren't much of a thing for me. I usually wear them when the occasion compels me to do so. And last Monday, because our office's one of the co-organizers of a semi-formal event (20th Anniversary of the Local Government Code, PICC), I have to wear something formal, of course. Hehe. I chose to wear my "office-designed" slacks (the striped gray thingy), a black rufflesy top, my comfy cardigan and my new wedges. Hahaha. The wedges are really nice (Thanks, SoFab sale!). It has this native texture because of the abaca covering the wedge and a crocheted lime green ribbon. Really cute. :D Anyways, the outfit was already okay for me. But because of the hectic itinerary I had that day, it almost turned to a disaster. Hahaha. 

I could have gone straight to PICC that day but my boss told me that I still have to fax an urgent letter to three more recipients. I have responsibility over admin things in our unit so I have to do that. So really, from our house in Sta Cruz, I have to go all the way to Eastwood, return to Cubao, take the MRT traversing EDSAAAAAAAAAAAA, go down Taft Ave Station and from there find a way to get to PICC when I can always ride the Taft LRT, go down Vito Cruz Station and ride the neon orange jeepney that would go around the CCP Complex. In short, I had my own version of Amazing Race, thanks to that ~to-be-faxed letter. Hahay.

Oh and didn't I tell you that the Monday weather was all sunny and humid?! Thanks, extra challenge. Here's another thing, I was wearing my high-heeled wedges. Pffffft. And from the Cubao jeepney stop to Cubao MRT station, I have to waaaaaaaaaaaaalk. I could have worn the slippers I brought but I would really look kawawa so tiis-ganda was the option. HAHAHA. Fashion, I'm becoming a slaaaave! lol. Anyways, I have to walk from Ali Mall to Farmers and because it's 9am, the malls weren't open yet. Hello, sweat. Hahaha. When I got to the station, the queue was long. As in this looooooooooooooooong. I thought of using my stored value card, the one I'm using when I ride the Santolan-bound LRT, but it was rejected. So I had to get in line and buy one. Once I was inside the coach, we look like canned sardines. Hahaha. After 20 minutes or so, finally, I'm in Taft! Then, I walked along EDSA (until after Kabayan Hotel lang naman) just to get a cab because my feet were already betraying my katawang lupa. Hahaha. 20 minutes again and voila! PICC! Then I saw how long I had to walk just to get to the plenary hall. Really now! But thank God, I lasted the whole day. Hahaha.

When I got home, which was around 11pm because of all the other logistics we had to fix for our principals, my feet were sore and puno ng paltos. Hahaha. Ouch. All in the name of formality and fashion and FAAAAX! Hahahaha.


Labels: , ,

felix felicis: A Day in Heels

Friday, October 21, 2011

A Day in Heels


Dresses, skirts and high-heeled shoes aren't much of a thing for me. I usually wear them when the occasion compels me to do so. And last Monday, because our office's one of the co-organizers of a semi-formal event (20th Anniversary of the Local Government Code, PICC), I have to wear something formal, of course. Hehe. I chose to wear my "office-designed" slacks (the striped gray thingy), a black rufflesy top, my comfy cardigan and my new wedges. Hahaha. The wedges are really nice (Thanks, SoFab sale!). It has this native texture because of the abaca covering the wedge and a crocheted lime green ribbon. Really cute. :D Anyways, the outfit was already okay for me. But because of the hectic itinerary I had that day, it almost turned to a disaster. Hahaha. 

I could have gone straight to PICC that day but my boss told me that I still have to fax an urgent letter to three more recipients. I have responsibility over admin things in our unit so I have to do that. So really, from our house in Sta Cruz, I have to go all the way to Eastwood, return to Cubao, take the MRT traversing EDSAAAAAAAAAAAA, go down Taft Ave Station and from there find a way to get to PICC when I can always ride the Taft LRT, go down Vito Cruz Station and ride the neon orange jeepney that would go around the CCP Complex. In short, I had my own version of Amazing Race, thanks to that ~to-be-faxed letter. Hahay.

Oh and didn't I tell you that the Monday weather was all sunny and humid?! Thanks, extra challenge. Here's another thing, I was wearing my high-heeled wedges. Pffffft. And from the Cubao jeepney stop to Cubao MRT station, I have to waaaaaaaaaaaaalk. I could have worn the slippers I brought but I would really look kawawa so tiis-ganda was the option. HAHAHA. Fashion, I'm becoming a slaaaave! lol. Anyways, I have to walk from Ali Mall to Farmers and because it's 9am, the malls weren't open yet. Hello, sweat. Hahaha. When I got to the station, the queue was long. As in this looooooooooooooooong. I thought of using my stored value card, the one I'm using when I ride the Santolan-bound LRT, but it was rejected. So I had to get in line and buy one. Once I was inside the coach, we look like canned sardines. Hahaha. After 20 minutes or so, finally, I'm in Taft! Then, I walked along EDSA (until after Kabayan Hotel lang naman) just to get a cab because my feet were already betraying my katawang lupa. Hahaha. 20 minutes again and voila! PICC! Then I saw how long I had to walk just to get to the plenary hall. Really now! But thank God, I lasted the whole day. Hahaha.

When I got home, which was around 11pm because of all the other logistics we had to fix for our principals, my feet were sore and puno ng paltos. Hahaha. Ouch. All in the name of formality and fashion and FAAAAX! Hahahaha.


Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At March 29, 2012 at 10:29 PM , Blogger dorkybrat said...

Hi! Just would like to ask, magkano po ung fare nyo sa cab papuntang picc? Thanks!

 
At March 30, 2012 at 10:44 AM , Blogger Emy Ruth Gianan said...

From Kabayan to PICC, cab fare's around 50-60pesos. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home