on writing and tourism



I was tasked to draft some sort of a preface for our Tourism and Investment Profiles. Our company is set to release these two portfolios detailing the tourism potentials of Philippine Cities as well as their bankability and business-friendly endeavors. I wasn't new to writing but because I was recently used to the informal method, I had a hard time thinking of what to write in the preface thingy. I had to read Anna Oposa's blog for some ideas (since she's an environment/ local tourism advocate and simply because I like her blog. hehe). I found some useful tidbits but I still have to do more readings for better grounding. I lagged for about an hour or two before I commenced writing the messages. After another hour, I'm done! Yehey! 

This again proves how my mood affects my writing. I mean I have to lag behind first before I can come up with something convincing (or something that convinces me). If I'm not in my mood, I really can't get past two to three lines then I'm off. Hahaha. Hello, writer's bloc. I guess that's how they call them. Also, related music plays a great role to my writing mood. When I listened to DOT's Tara Na, Byahe Tayo theme song (which, by the way, has three versions: the one with Freddie Aguilar, the other with Martin and Jed Madela and the last with Ebe and Aiza) and Piliin mo ang Pilipinas (the one sung by Angeline Quinto and Vince Bueno), I was kinda perked to write something from my heart. Naks. Cool eh! But really, it helped put my writing in perspective. What do I need to put in the preface, what I have to say and what I should emphasis into.

I'm already done with the task and I'm proud of what I did. I placed a lot of effort on it so I really hope it would be credited. :)

Oh and let me add, I really lurve the Tara Na, Byahe Tayo Theme Song! I really feel so proud of our country when I listen to that song-- one gets to listen to all the unique things and experiences the Phils can offer the world! Now that's something. And for the record, the original version (Freddie, Sharon, Francis M, Lea et al) is the best version. Hahahaha. Try listening!

Yey! Thank you Lord for another task done!

Tomorrow, I shall face the fax machine for a series of letters to be faxed again. Oooo, Convention you challenge us so much. 

Aja pa rin!

Labels: , , ,

felix felicis: on writing and tourism

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

on writing and tourism



I was tasked to draft some sort of a preface for our Tourism and Investment Profiles. Our company is set to release these two portfolios detailing the tourism potentials of Philippine Cities as well as their bankability and business-friendly endeavors. I wasn't new to writing but because I was recently used to the informal method, I had a hard time thinking of what to write in the preface thingy. I had to read Anna Oposa's blog for some ideas (since she's an environment/ local tourism advocate and simply because I like her blog. hehe). I found some useful tidbits but I still have to do more readings for better grounding. I lagged for about an hour or two before I commenced writing the messages. After another hour, I'm done! Yehey! 

This again proves how my mood affects my writing. I mean I have to lag behind first before I can come up with something convincing (or something that convinces me). If I'm not in my mood, I really can't get past two to three lines then I'm off. Hahaha. Hello, writer's bloc. I guess that's how they call them. Also, related music plays a great role to my writing mood. When I listened to DOT's Tara Na, Byahe Tayo theme song (which, by the way, has three versions: the one with Freddie Aguilar, the other with Martin and Jed Madela and the last with Ebe and Aiza) and Piliin mo ang Pilipinas (the one sung by Angeline Quinto and Vince Bueno), I was kinda perked to write something from my heart. Naks. Cool eh! But really, it helped put my writing in perspective. What do I need to put in the preface, what I have to say and what I should emphasis into.

I'm already done with the task and I'm proud of what I did. I placed a lot of effort on it so I really hope it would be credited. :)

Oh and let me add, I really lurve the Tara Na, Byahe Tayo Theme Song! I really feel so proud of our country when I listen to that song-- one gets to listen to all the unique things and experiences the Phils can offer the world! Now that's something. And for the record, the original version (Freddie, Sharon, Francis M, Lea et al) is the best version. Hahahaha. Try listening!

Yey! Thank you Lord for another task done!

Tomorrow, I shall face the fax machine for a series of letters to be faxed again. Oooo, Convention you challenge us so much. 

Aja pa rin!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home