on baking and gaining new heights


Before the month of November kicked off, I decided to take on a baking course-- at home. I was thinking of taking formal classes either in Tesda or some fancy baking school in the Metro but I can't find one which will fit my schedule. So, I asked my mother and cousin if they could teach me the basics and they happily agreed to take me in as their student. The ~informal classes started on October 30 and my first lesson was making puto!

I thought it was just that easy. But it's kinda difficult especially the mixing part. But it's more of a fun activity than a tiring one. The best part is seeing the finished product right in front of your eyes! It's just happy and fulfilling. Hahaha. My first batch of putos were some sort of a fail. Hahaha. We thought sobra siya sa itlog and kulang sa water so the texture was too compact and heavy sa tiyan. Hahaha. Busog agad lahat sa bahay. The taste, according to my father and siblings (syempre sila yung taste testers) is okay. The cheese on top enhanced the flavor so that's a plus point. We decided to improve our puto recipe-- the Goldilocks puto being the standard. I'm gonna do another batch prolly this coming Saturday and this time I hope it's better.

Meanwhile, I think I'm starting to like the idea of me baking pastries like muffins and cupcakes. It's really an achievement for me to be able to whip something delicious and special at the same time. Yesterday, I was able to perfect my no-bake blueberry cheesecake recipe-- the crust was thick enough and the cheesecake was really good-tasting. The whole family loved it. Hahaha. This is happiness! What's another plus factor is that I'm learning new things and gaining new experiences which is fun to share.

Labels: ,

felix felicis: on baking and gaining new heights

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

on baking and gaining new heights


Before the month of November kicked off, I decided to take on a baking course-- at home. I was thinking of taking formal classes either in Tesda or some fancy baking school in the Metro but I can't find one which will fit my schedule. So, I asked my mother and cousin if they could teach me the basics and they happily agreed to take me in as their student. The ~informal classes started on October 30 and my first lesson was making puto!

I thought it was just that easy. But it's kinda difficult especially the mixing part. But it's more of a fun activity than a tiring one. The best part is seeing the finished product right in front of your eyes! It's just happy and fulfilling. Hahaha. My first batch of putos were some sort of a fail. Hahaha. We thought sobra siya sa itlog and kulang sa water so the texture was too compact and heavy sa tiyan. Hahaha. Busog agad lahat sa bahay. The taste, according to my father and siblings (syempre sila yung taste testers) is okay. The cheese on top enhanced the flavor so that's a plus point. We decided to improve our puto recipe-- the Goldilocks puto being the standard. I'm gonna do another batch prolly this coming Saturday and this time I hope it's better.

Meanwhile, I think I'm starting to like the idea of me baking pastries like muffins and cupcakes. It's really an achievement for me to be able to whip something delicious and special at the same time. Yesterday, I was able to perfect my no-bake blueberry cheesecake recipe-- the crust was thick enough and the cheesecake was really good-tasting. The whole family loved it. Hahaha. This is happiness! What's another plus factor is that I'm learning new things and gaining new experiences which is fun to share.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home