Strike. Dance. Rise.


After we watched the Vagina Monologues shownlast March 31, I immediately signed up for the V-Day Movement. As a member, I receive updates from their website. Yesterday, they’ve released a short film. It was created by V-Day Founder Eve Ensler and Tony Stroebel. The film featured various atrocities done to women all over the world—genital mutilation in many parts of Africa, sexual harassment in the workplace, wife battery at home, rape, forced labor and many more. I feel sad seeing all these but then, I also felt glad that there are movements like V-Day that really push and fight for women’s and children’s rights.

I was blessed to have a father who loves my mother so much that he cannot bear to hurt her physically or verbally and brothers who take care of us. But there are many more mothers and girls who do not get such TLC and end up being beaten at home or forced to work at an early age. For one, I saw how my uncle verbally abuses my aunt; he even got close to slapping her face. Good thing, my father found a way to make him realize that what he did was wrong. I hope it had ended there. I cannot stomach seeing my aunt in reunions with scars on her face or on her arms. That’s just too much.

And this is why I saw the need to share this short film to the blogosphere. This creates awareness and eventually this will help us propel into action in ending violence committed against hapless women and children. In our quest to make this world a better place, let us start by showing how we care for those vulnerable people around us. J

Here’s the short film:

Labels: , , , , , , ,

felix felicis: Strike. Dance. Rise.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Strike. Dance. Rise.


After we watched the Vagina Monologues shownlast March 31, I immediately signed up for the V-Day Movement. As a member, I receive updates from their website. Yesterday, they’ve released a short film. It was created by V-Day Founder Eve Ensler and Tony Stroebel. The film featured various atrocities done to women all over the world—genital mutilation in many parts of Africa, sexual harassment in the workplace, wife battery at home, rape, forced labor and many more. I feel sad seeing all these but then, I also felt glad that there are movements like V-Day that really push and fight for women’s and children’s rights.

I was blessed to have a father who loves my mother so much that he cannot bear to hurt her physically or verbally and brothers who take care of us. But there are many more mothers and girls who do not get such TLC and end up being beaten at home or forced to work at an early age. For one, I saw how my uncle verbally abuses my aunt; he even got close to slapping her face. Good thing, my father found a way to make him realize that what he did was wrong. I hope it had ended there. I cannot stomach seeing my aunt in reunions with scars on her face or on her arms. That’s just too much.

And this is why I saw the need to share this short film to the blogosphere. This creates awareness and eventually this will help us propel into action in ending violence committed against hapless women and children. In our quest to make this world a better place, let us start by showing how we care for those vulnerable people around us. J

Here’s the short film:

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home