on Ralph, the wrecks he made and the good he did in the end


Wreck-It Ralph features the voices of John Reilly,
Sarah Silverman and Jane Lynch.
Ok. So I have a secret. I watched Wreck-It Ralph without my siblings knowing. Hahaha! They know I went out last Friday night to unwind and relax but I did not tell them I was going to watch THAT movie. Hahaha! Oh but then again, they did not tell me that they would really want to catch it on the big screen. They like Ralph, but they like the Rise ofthe Guardians more, so there, I have an excuse. HAHAHA!

Anyways, enough of the excuses, let’s see how the movie fared. Hmmm. I already gave it a good rating at Rotten Tomatoes, but lemme expound. J

In the movie, Ralph had always been the bad guy because he destroys buildings in his game. Fix-It Felix, with his gold mallet, would always come to the rescue and rebuild the structures destroyed by Ralph. In one event, our big guy got tired and decides to go “turbo”. His adventure begins from one video game to another, wrecking things here and there until on a chance encounter, he meets Vanellope—a glitch—and eventually finds out he could still build and create beautiful things despite his “freakishly big hands.”


Bad Guys Anonymous: One Game At A Time
I thought the movie was quite good. Disney was able to craft a sensible story out of video game characters. And it’s not only a story—there’s heart in it. Ralph was a relatable character, especially for ~perceived bullies like me. Hahaha. But seriously, I felt that the movie teaches us to see other people on a different light. Not all of them are bad and not all of them are good too, like King Candy. Most of the time, we just need a few good conversations or an unlikely situation to see what stuff these people are made of. That’s when we get to know that they really have a heart or they don’t actually have one. And then, the movie Green Mile comes into mind. I’m recommending this one. It’s a story about a big black guy (played by Michael Clarke Duncan) who was accused of raping young girls in their community and how he struggled proving himself innocent. He has a mental problem, by the way, so that compounds the problem. Anyway, just watch it.

Vanellope Von Schweetz the Glitch and Wreck-It Ralph
Yeah, so where/what am I getting at? I dunno. Char. Hahaha. No really, I believe in the inherent goodness of earthlings. The bad things we see are just brought about by the faulted environments these people are in or from unwanted circumstances that shaped them. Ralph lived all his life treated coldly by the small guys partying in the penthouse. He saw how differently he and Felix were treated and he longed for a dose of approval or some sort of love from his neighbors. He realized that when he started helping Vanellope get onto the candy race and pushed her to wing it. I guess if we just show a bit more love and care for the unwanted or carefully choose the words we use when talking to other people or settle to listening first instead of arguing immediately, I’m thinking and feeling it would make a whole lot of difference.

“Turns out I don't need a medal to tell me I'm a good guy. Because if that little kid likes me... 
How bad can I be...?” (Ralph on Vanellope)

Hahaha, so yun lang naman ang reflection ko. Hahaha. Tas chaka ulet yung blog post title, wag nyo nalang pansinin. Maganda ding gawing game ang pag-identify sa titles ng video games na fineature sa movie. Hahaha, pang-quiz night kunware ang peg o kaya vid game whiz ka kunware. Hahaha! Watch Ralph! The plot may be a bit cliché but it never failed to tug thy heartstrings and tear glands, so go catch it before the vampires invade our theaters. Hahaha. J


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

felix felicis: on Ralph, the wrecks he made and the good he did in the end

Thursday, November 15, 2012

on Ralph, the wrecks he made and the good he did in the end


Wreck-It Ralph features the voices of John Reilly,
Sarah Silverman and Jane Lynch.
Ok. So I have a secret. I watched Wreck-It Ralph without my siblings knowing. Hahaha! They know I went out last Friday night to unwind and relax but I did not tell them I was going to watch THAT movie. Hahaha! Oh but then again, they did not tell me that they would really want to catch it on the big screen. They like Ralph, but they like the Rise ofthe Guardians more, so there, I have an excuse. HAHAHA!

Anyways, enough of the excuses, let’s see how the movie fared. Hmmm. I already gave it a good rating at Rotten Tomatoes, but lemme expound. J

In the movie, Ralph had always been the bad guy because he destroys buildings in his game. Fix-It Felix, with his gold mallet, would always come to the rescue and rebuild the structures destroyed by Ralph. In one event, our big guy got tired and decides to go “turbo”. His adventure begins from one video game to another, wrecking things here and there until on a chance encounter, he meets Vanellope—a glitch—and eventually finds out he could still build and create beautiful things despite his “freakishly big hands.”


Bad Guys Anonymous: One Game At A Time
I thought the movie was quite good. Disney was able to craft a sensible story out of video game characters. And it’s not only a story—there’s heart in it. Ralph was a relatable character, especially for ~perceived bullies like me. Hahaha. But seriously, I felt that the movie teaches us to see other people on a different light. Not all of them are bad and not all of them are good too, like King Candy. Most of the time, we just need a few good conversations or an unlikely situation to see what stuff these people are made of. That’s when we get to know that they really have a heart or they don’t actually have one. And then, the movie Green Mile comes into mind. I’m recommending this one. It’s a story about a big black guy (played by Michael Clarke Duncan) who was accused of raping young girls in their community and how he struggled proving himself innocent. He has a mental problem, by the way, so that compounds the problem. Anyway, just watch it.

Vanellope Von Schweetz the Glitch and Wreck-It Ralph
Yeah, so where/what am I getting at? I dunno. Char. Hahaha. No really, I believe in the inherent goodness of earthlings. The bad things we see are just brought about by the faulted environments these people are in or from unwanted circumstances that shaped them. Ralph lived all his life treated coldly by the small guys partying in the penthouse. He saw how differently he and Felix were treated and he longed for a dose of approval or some sort of love from his neighbors. He realized that when he started helping Vanellope get onto the candy race and pushed her to wing it. I guess if we just show a bit more love and care for the unwanted or carefully choose the words we use when talking to other people or settle to listening first instead of arguing immediately, I’m thinking and feeling it would make a whole lot of difference.

“Turns out I don't need a medal to tell me I'm a good guy. Because if that little kid likes me... 
How bad can I be...?” (Ralph on Vanellope)

Hahaha, so yun lang naman ang reflection ko. Hahaha. Tas chaka ulet yung blog post title, wag nyo nalang pansinin. Maganda ding gawing game ang pag-identify sa titles ng video games na fineature sa movie. Hahaha, pang-quiz night kunware ang peg o kaya vid game whiz ka kunware. Hahaha! Watch Ralph! The plot may be a bit cliché but it never failed to tug thy heartstrings and tear glands, so go catch it before the vampires invade our theaters. Hahaha. J


Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

At November 15, 2012 at 10:26 PM , Blogger finyapol said...

hahaha.. ayos naman title ah! hahaha Panalo! na nosebleed naman ako sa deep ng review mo. LOL

 
At November 16, 2012 at 12:18 PM , Blogger kyemeruth said...

Nosebleed. Hahaha! Di naman!

 
At November 18, 2012 at 10:36 AM , Blogger Ann S. Perreras said...

perceived bully daw o hahaha te ganyan siya kasi feeling niya si wrecked-it emy nyahahaha

 
At November 19, 2012 at 8:22 AM , Blogger kyemeruth said...

Tsssss.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home