Walking on sunshine. And lahar.



We conquered Pinatubo! Wuhooo! \m/

It’s no easy feat, I must say. It zapped all the energy in me that Sunday morning. Gaaah. My legs and shoulders (because I had a backpack) were burning with pain right after we descended from the Mountains of Doom-esque lahar landscape.

I thought that the best thing from that trip was getting at Pinatubo’s crater and seeing its wondrous glory, but it’s not. It was beautiful and picturesque—I can’t imagine how it destroyed a lot of lives in 1991 when it released all its fury. But I guess that better experience I gained from that whole trekking thing was “the climb” itself. No Miley Cyrus song in the background. All I had was my backpack and a bottle of mineral water but I’m still good to go. I just loved how the boulders of rocks, the arid vastness of the place and the whole backpacker peg made me feel so adventurous and brave that day. Merida without her bow and arrow. Hahaha! I have yet to assemble and edit the videos I had that day so I guess the photos below might suffice for now.

Before that, you may want to consider going there too. My friends and I contacted a travel agency and availed their 10-person package. Each of us paid PhP1999 which included van transfers (Manila- Capas, Tarlac- Manila), and payment for the necessary trek permits and documents. You can choose to bring your own lunch or eat at the canteen at the town. They serve Filipino (PhP250/person) and Korean (PhP350/person) food. There’s also a spa there, if you want to relax. I think it costs around PhP500-750. I’m not so sure.

One last thing. The ATV ride from Brgy. Sta. Juliana to the starting point of the trek takes an hour and thirty minutes. From there, backpackers would have to walk for two hours or more (depends on how many pictures with the rocks you’ll take hehehehe) until you reach the foot of the peak. Yes, it doesn’t stop there. You’ll still have to trek for 15 to 20 minutes to get to the top. That’s where the “park” is. If you wanna get close to the lake, you’ll go down again to the crater. There. The point? Bring your lunch with you. Hahaha. And well, enjoy the whole thing! More photos are posted on my photoblog (click here)





Lights. 
Bring out the coins.


Timba at tabo.
Welcome sign. Plus segway photo ni Mayor. Hehehe.


ATVs all lined up.
Team A. Napuwing yung isa jan. Injured agad. Hahaha.



Team B. The musical team. Hahaha.
Alam na kung sinong injured.


Hitting the road with this one.
Friends. :)


127 Hours peg.


Ali Peak. Chebs.

Labels: , , , , ,

felix felicis: Walking on sunshine. And lahar.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Walking on sunshine. And lahar.



We conquered Pinatubo! Wuhooo! \m/

It’s no easy feat, I must say. It zapped all the energy in me that Sunday morning. Gaaah. My legs and shoulders (because I had a backpack) were burning with pain right after we descended from the Mountains of Doom-esque lahar landscape.

I thought that the best thing from that trip was getting at Pinatubo’s crater and seeing its wondrous glory, but it’s not. It was beautiful and picturesque—I can’t imagine how it destroyed a lot of lives in 1991 when it released all its fury. But I guess that better experience I gained from that whole trekking thing was “the climb” itself. No Miley Cyrus song in the background. All I had was my backpack and a bottle of mineral water but I’m still good to go. I just loved how the boulders of rocks, the arid vastness of the place and the whole backpacker peg made me feel so adventurous and brave that day. Merida without her bow and arrow. Hahaha! I have yet to assemble and edit the videos I had that day so I guess the photos below might suffice for now.

Before that, you may want to consider going there too. My friends and I contacted a travel agency and availed their 10-person package. Each of us paid PhP1999 which included van transfers (Manila- Capas, Tarlac- Manila), and payment for the necessary trek permits and documents. You can choose to bring your own lunch or eat at the canteen at the town. They serve Filipino (PhP250/person) and Korean (PhP350/person) food. There’s also a spa there, if you want to relax. I think it costs around PhP500-750. I’m not so sure.

One last thing. The ATV ride from Brgy. Sta. Juliana to the starting point of the trek takes an hour and thirty minutes. From there, backpackers would have to walk for two hours or more (depends on how many pictures with the rocks you’ll take hehehehe) until you reach the foot of the peak. Yes, it doesn’t stop there. You’ll still have to trek for 15 to 20 minutes to get to the top. That’s where the “park” is. If you wanna get close to the lake, you’ll go down again to the crater. There. The point? Bring your lunch with you. Hahaha. And well, enjoy the whole thing! More photos are posted on my photoblog (click here)





Lights. 
Bring out the coins.


Timba at tabo.
Welcome sign. Plus segway photo ni Mayor. Hehehe.


ATVs all lined up.
Team A. Napuwing yung isa jan. Injured agad. Hahaha.



Team B. The musical team. Hahaha.
Alam na kung sinong injured.


Hitting the road with this one.
Friends. :)


127 Hours peg.


Ali Peak. Chebs.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home