It was an ok Saturday.

Classes last Saturday weren’t quite boring. I just felt too sleepy because the night before, we were singing and hugging an adorable and chubby kid from Ate Vi’s house. He’s just too cute not to include in this blog post.

Anyhoo, the class wasn’t boring because… there’s food! Classmates were discussing the Ancient History of West Asia and they found it fitting to serve West Asian cuisine too—there’s an Iranian version of biryani and samosa and a Turkish version of shawarma. Shawarma’s thin slices of meat (usually beef), onions, tomatoes and lettuce rolled in pita bread and slathered with peppered mayonnaise (ata).  Biryani’s like fried rice: it has meat, green peas, carrots and raisins. Of course the curry flavor is always there. Samosa, on the other, is like empanada, but instead of meat, it has spiced mashed potato, carrots and other spices I’m too lazy to identify that time. Hahaha. The served food has its perks but what made me awake during the whole three-hour class was the lively discussion we had.

After classes, I went to the mall for some weekend banking stuff and also to check out a few materials for my handmade screen printing class the next day. I got home early so I had enough time to dabble on the art bag design we’re trying to work on. Until 7.30PM, I was drafting designs only to CTRL + Z them all over. Gaaaah, my creative juices that night weren’t cooperating. I was both watching a few scenes from Wally Bayola’s biopic featured in Channel 7 and surfing the net for possible design inspirations. By 9PM, 9.15PM I switched channels to catch TV5’s Kanta Pilipinas to support our friend and churchmate, Kuya Allan G.! He didn’t perform but we saw cameos of him shaking hands with fellow contestants. He’ll perform next week! :D I'll still have to ask his permission if I'm allowed to post a snippet of his originally-composed song here in my blog. It's really good so I'd like to share it to everyone, but as I said, permission first. Baka bawal. Hahaha.

10PM, I was redoing everything to bring to life the design I had in mind. I was doodling things again, this time with direction, form and substance. It looked nice. I slept peacefully. Hahaha.


Friday I was trying out sketches in Illustrator.


Saturday I'm doodling in Photoshop.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

felix felicis: It was an ok Saturday.

Monday, February 11, 2013

It was an ok Saturday.

Classes last Saturday weren’t quite boring. I just felt too sleepy because the night before, we were singing and hugging an adorable and chubby kid from Ate Vi’s house. He’s just too cute not to include in this blog post.

Anyhoo, the class wasn’t boring because… there’s food! Classmates were discussing the Ancient History of West Asia and they found it fitting to serve West Asian cuisine too—there’s an Iranian version of biryani and samosa and a Turkish version of shawarma. Shawarma’s thin slices of meat (usually beef), onions, tomatoes and lettuce rolled in pita bread and slathered with peppered mayonnaise (ata).  Biryani’s like fried rice: it has meat, green peas, carrots and raisins. Of course the curry flavor is always there. Samosa, on the other, is like empanada, but instead of meat, it has spiced mashed potato, carrots and other spices I’m too lazy to identify that time. Hahaha. The served food has its perks but what made me awake during the whole three-hour class was the lively discussion we had.

After classes, I went to the mall for some weekend banking stuff and also to check out a few materials for my handmade screen printing class the next day. I got home early so I had enough time to dabble on the art bag design we’re trying to work on. Until 7.30PM, I was drafting designs only to CTRL + Z them all over. Gaaaah, my creative juices that night weren’t cooperating. I was both watching a few scenes from Wally Bayola’s biopic featured in Channel 7 and surfing the net for possible design inspirations. By 9PM, 9.15PM I switched channels to catch TV5’s Kanta Pilipinas to support our friend and churchmate, Kuya Allan G.! He didn’t perform but we saw cameos of him shaking hands with fellow contestants. He’ll perform next week! :D I'll still have to ask his permission if I'm allowed to post a snippet of his originally-composed song here in my blog. It's really good so I'd like to share it to everyone, but as I said, permission first. Baka bawal. Hahaha.

10PM, I was redoing everything to bring to life the design I had in mind. I was doodling things again, this time with direction, form and substance. It looked nice. I slept peacefully. Hahaha.


Friday I was trying out sketches in Illustrator.


Saturday I'm doodling in Photoshop.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home