Sundays are good days.

Sunday just got loaded. But it was all fun and worthwhile, so no problem there.

We had to wake up at 3am yesterday for the Red Cross Million Volunteer Run. Papa won’t be able to bring us there because the van is still in the repair shop. It’s still dark outside and we’re riding the jeep that would take us to CCP. When we got there, all the other lanes are closed due to the Red Cross Run so we had to walk until we get to World Trade Center because that’s where 5k runners will begin their race. The program started at 6AM so we had to squat on the islands for an hour or so. When it began we all thought the emcee would immediately signal the gun start, but no no no. We had to listen first to Chair Dick Gordon and Migz Zubiri and other personalities present. That took 30 minutes. By the time the run begun, the sun was already up. Huhu. Anyway, we still ran as fast as we could so by 7.30AM we’re back at home to prepare for church. We finished the race by 7.10AM but we ended up going home by 8.10AM because we scourged the whole Grandstand to find Beth and Ephra. THERE’S JUST TOO MANY PEOPLE DURING THAT RUN! Plus there are two finish lines so the plan to meet up there as soon as we’re done was botched. T_T Tel and I + our cousin who, thank God, has a phone, were able to see each other. Bet and Ephra got together and went home when they weren’t able to find us. We saw each other at home. Gaaaah. We thought Bet would get lost in the sea of people clad in red. It would be disaster. Hehehe. We still had enough time to prepare for church. J




After church service, I rushed to Malugay to attend Craft MNL’s Handmade Screen Printing Class. I was five minutes late but because there are only two of us attending the workshop they waited for me to come. Hahaha. I got lost! Within the vicinity that is. I didn’t know that Craft was just behind B-Side. Hahaha. Anyhoo, I enjoyed the whole workshop. I was able to screen-print the handwritten design I did. Hahaha. My cartoonish handwriting will now be forever etched on that ivory-textured paper. I can even frame it! Hahaha. Also, I get to bring home my screen and squeegee as well as the prints I did on both nice paper and newsprint. J I bought a bottle of emulsion just so I can easily start my new hobby soooooon. Hahaha.

Because of the nice artsy vibes I had that day, I went straight to The Link (beside Greenbelt) to view the installation arts exhibited for the 2013 Philippine Contemporary Art Fair. Yesterday was its last day so I already took the opportunity of being in Makati. There’s an entrance fee of PhP100 for adults and PhP50 for students. I paid 50. Hahaha.

The exhibit place was The Link’s sixth level parking lot. Amazing. The supposed car sections were turned into small viewing rooms for various collections and/or themes. There were paintings—small to large to super huge—murals, sculptures and assemblages. They’re really nice to look at. I took pictures of everything that I liked and those that really piqued my curiosity. Hahaha. I promised Mama I’ll be home by 5PM, but I ended up finishing the fair tour at 6.30PM and got home at around 7.45PM. I haven’t had ok lunch that day because I was rushing to Makati so I took bought a huge burger from one of the makeshift food stalls in front of The Link. Apparently, they also have their version of Weekend Banchetto there. To appease my parents for coming home later than expected, I bought them brownies. Hahaha. I hope they’ll like it.

Weekend this week was great. I had so much fun and I found myself productive. Aside from the artsy-fartsy stuff, I was also able to finish another project for my “raket” + finally decided on pursuing the design I had in mind. Win or lose, I’ll submit it. I hope we’ll wing that competition. Hahaha. TGBTG!

Good vibes for this week. J

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

felix felicis: Sundays are good days.

Monday, February 11, 2013

Sundays are good days.

Sunday just got loaded. But it was all fun and worthwhile, so no problem there.

We had to wake up at 3am yesterday for the Red Cross Million Volunteer Run. Papa won’t be able to bring us there because the van is still in the repair shop. It’s still dark outside and we’re riding the jeep that would take us to CCP. When we got there, all the other lanes are closed due to the Red Cross Run so we had to walk until we get to World Trade Center because that’s where 5k runners will begin their race. The program started at 6AM so we had to squat on the islands for an hour or so. When it began we all thought the emcee would immediately signal the gun start, but no no no. We had to listen first to Chair Dick Gordon and Migz Zubiri and other personalities present. That took 30 minutes. By the time the run begun, the sun was already up. Huhu. Anyway, we still ran as fast as we could so by 7.30AM we’re back at home to prepare for church. We finished the race by 7.10AM but we ended up going home by 8.10AM because we scourged the whole Grandstand to find Beth and Ephra. THERE’S JUST TOO MANY PEOPLE DURING THAT RUN! Plus there are two finish lines so the plan to meet up there as soon as we’re done was botched. T_T Tel and I + our cousin who, thank God, has a phone, were able to see each other. Bet and Ephra got together and went home when they weren’t able to find us. We saw each other at home. Gaaaah. We thought Bet would get lost in the sea of people clad in red. It would be disaster. Hehehe. We still had enough time to prepare for church. J




After church service, I rushed to Malugay to attend Craft MNL’s Handmade Screen Printing Class. I was five minutes late but because there are only two of us attending the workshop they waited for me to come. Hahaha. I got lost! Within the vicinity that is. I didn’t know that Craft was just behind B-Side. Hahaha. Anyhoo, I enjoyed the whole workshop. I was able to screen-print the handwritten design I did. Hahaha. My cartoonish handwriting will now be forever etched on that ivory-textured paper. I can even frame it! Hahaha. Also, I get to bring home my screen and squeegee as well as the prints I did on both nice paper and newsprint. J I bought a bottle of emulsion just so I can easily start my new hobby soooooon. Hahaha.

Because of the nice artsy vibes I had that day, I went straight to The Link (beside Greenbelt) to view the installation arts exhibited for the 2013 Philippine Contemporary Art Fair. Yesterday was its last day so I already took the opportunity of being in Makati. There’s an entrance fee of PhP100 for adults and PhP50 for students. I paid 50. Hahaha.

The exhibit place was The Link’s sixth level parking lot. Amazing. The supposed car sections were turned into small viewing rooms for various collections and/or themes. There were paintings—small to large to super huge—murals, sculptures and assemblages. They’re really nice to look at. I took pictures of everything that I liked and those that really piqued my curiosity. Hahaha. I promised Mama I’ll be home by 5PM, but I ended up finishing the fair tour at 6.30PM and got home at around 7.45PM. I haven’t had ok lunch that day because I was rushing to Makati so I took bought a huge burger from one of the makeshift food stalls in front of The Link. Apparently, they also have their version of Weekend Banchetto there. To appease my parents for coming home later than expected, I bought them brownies. Hahaha. I hope they’ll like it.

Weekend this week was great. I had so much fun and I found myself productive. Aside from the artsy-fartsy stuff, I was also able to finish another project for my “raket” + finally decided on pursuing the design I had in mind. Win or lose, I’ll submit it. I hope we’ll wing that competition. Hahaha. TGBTG!

Good vibes for this week. J

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home