Today I snapped and I learned something tough



Words can either give life or destroy relationships, hence the caution to think first, and then think again before you speak. Once you spew things out, it'll be difficult to retract. This is especially true when the message you intend to convey is loaded with disappointment or anger.

Secondly, choose carefully the people you talk to. Bad choices would often give you an ill advise and leave you with negative vibes. It wouldn't solve anything, rather it would blow things out of proportion. 

Finally, find a friend who would ground things for you, especially  when bad feelings cloud your judgment. People should not speak too much or make decisions when they're mad. Usually, these are the things we regret when the situation is settled. 

If, in the end, you confided your negative feelings to the wrong person, then find a way to prevent this from becoming a seed of discord. Be brave enough to tell the person you feel bad about the disappointment you have harbored. It is important that you are able address the issue at once or rumors might spread, making everything worse. If they feel a bit bad, at the very least you honestly told them how you feel. Hopefully, it would also show that you are willing to resolve the issue before it escalates into something much worse.

Again, choose to think before taking action and be careful with the words you use or you might end up bungling the message you wish to convey. 

I leave you with King Solomon's wise words: "Whoever guards his mouth preserves his life; he who opens wide his lips comes to ruin (Proverbs 13:3)."

I learned a tough lesson today. If I choose to be happier, I resolve to be more careful with the words I use, the people I speak with and the important relationships I have forged with people that really matter.

I think I feel better now. Good night. :)

Labels: , , , ,

felix felicis: Today I snapped and I learned something tough

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Today I snapped and I learned something tough



Words can either give life or destroy relationships, hence the caution to think first, and then think again before you speak. Once you spew things out, it'll be difficult to retract. This is especially true when the message you intend to convey is loaded with disappointment or anger.

Secondly, choose carefully the people you talk to. Bad choices would often give you an ill advise and leave you with negative vibes. It wouldn't solve anything, rather it would blow things out of proportion. 

Finally, find a friend who would ground things for you, especially  when bad feelings cloud your judgment. People should not speak too much or make decisions when they're mad. Usually, these are the things we regret when the situation is settled. 

If, in the end, you confided your negative feelings to the wrong person, then find a way to prevent this from becoming a seed of discord. Be brave enough to tell the person you feel bad about the disappointment you have harbored. It is important that you are able address the issue at once or rumors might spread, making everything worse. If they feel a bit bad, at the very least you honestly told them how you feel. Hopefully, it would also show that you are willing to resolve the issue before it escalates into something much worse.

Again, choose to think before taking action and be careful with the words you use or you might end up bungling the message you wish to convey. 

I leave you with King Solomon's wise words: "Whoever guards his mouth preserves his life; he who opens wide his lips comes to ruin (Proverbs 13:3)."

I learned a tough lesson today. If I choose to be happier, I resolve to be more careful with the words I use, the people I speak with and the important relationships I have forged with people that really matter.

I think I feel better now. Good night. :)

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home