Time-warped in Vigan

It’s June already and I haven’t had much time to update my blog. I already told you about sand surfing in Laoag and trying out pottery in Batac. I think it would be fitting to share the many wonderful feelings I had when I finally saw Vigan in the flesh. It’s just one of those moments where I felt like I was brought to a different era and everything’s moving slowly. The sound of the horses’ hooves against the cobbled pavement was music to the ears. I can’t help but take every picture that I can to preserve its beauty. One good thing about our visit was that it coincided with a celebration of some sort. There were a lot of shops that sell souvenirs and native products. My eyes were feasting with all the vivid colors that flashed before me. I promise to go back. This time longer than the day’s visit we paid. J



Sideview.


Bell tower of the Church.



Vigan Plaza Hotel.


Arzobispado de Nueva Segovia.





Old houses are plastered with "seemingly new" faces.




Vigan Church.

Because they're Kings, they get to have their own parking areas.


Trykes to bring you in and out of the metro.


The streets are slowly lighting up.


President Quirino hails from Vigan.




Let's move!


I think I need a seat.


Candy-colored totes for the fashionistas.


Toys for the good boys.


Benches and doors.


Cheap souvenirs for your loved ones.


Antique shops abound the famous street.

Syquia Building 1929.


Close look at one of the structures.




People come and go but this building stays.


Something to cheer you up when the sun's scorching hot.


Calesas are King of the cobbled road.


He tried to charm us with his crepe flipping skills. The Bailey-spiked chocolate flavored crepe was good. 

Old and beautiful.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

felix felicis: Time-warped in Vigan

Monday, June 3, 2013

Time-warped in Vigan

It’s June already and I haven’t had much time to update my blog. I already told you about sand surfing in Laoag and trying out pottery in Batac. I think it would be fitting to share the many wonderful feelings I had when I finally saw Vigan in the flesh. It’s just one of those moments where I felt like I was brought to a different era and everything’s moving slowly. The sound of the horses’ hooves against the cobbled pavement was music to the ears. I can’t help but take every picture that I can to preserve its beauty. One good thing about our visit was that it coincided with a celebration of some sort. There were a lot of shops that sell souvenirs and native products. My eyes were feasting with all the vivid colors that flashed before me. I promise to go back. This time longer than the day’s visit we paid. J



Sideview.


Bell tower of the Church.



Vigan Plaza Hotel.


Arzobispado de Nueva Segovia.





Old houses are plastered with "seemingly new" faces.




Vigan Church.

Because they're Kings, they get to have their own parking areas.


Trykes to bring you in and out of the metro.


The streets are slowly lighting up.


President Quirino hails from Vigan.




Let's move!


I think I need a seat.


Candy-colored totes for the fashionistas.


Toys for the good boys.


Benches and doors.


Cheap souvenirs for your loved ones.


Antique shops abound the famous street.

Syquia Building 1929.


Close look at one of the structures.




People come and go but this building stays.


Something to cheer you up when the sun's scorching hot.


Calesas are King of the cobbled road.


He tried to charm us with his crepe flipping skills. The Bailey-spiked chocolate flavored crepe was good. 

Old and beautiful.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home