The Art Project Series #1: Doodling on canvas shoes

Family and friends should always receive well-thought out gifts, especially on their birthdays. In my case, I either choose them personally based on their preferences (usually based on my observations or hunches) or something I made myself. 

Last August, which means this entry is posted quite late, I designed slip-ons for a friend celebrating her birthday. I felt like everybody would give her books and school stuff like ballpens and highlighters so I thought of something that'll be cute and unique. Plus, it'll also be a nice experiment for me. I haven't tried painting for a long time now and she's been egging to see my "artwork." So there. 

It's good thing that Google has all the answers I've searched for. Here's the finished birthday present. 



And here's how I did it. Step by step, friends.

Ok, first, the materials we'll be needing:

- your canvass shoes or bag or purse (remember, cloth should be canvass)
- white fabric paint or gesso
- fabric paints or acrylic paint
- brushes of your choice
- black laundry pen (fine-tipped)
- clear acrylic spray
- old newspapers

Time to get started!

1. Make sure your canvass is clean. I used white canvass shoes for this one.

2. Look for a sample design if you need one. I can't find the one I used. T_T

3. Paint the whole canvass with white fabric paint or gesso as base. I have yet to use a gesso in my next project. Let it dry for an hour just to be sure.

4. Time to design the whole thing! You can use freehand or if it's a bit difficult, draw outlines using your pencil. Make sure you'll erase them after you're done and the paint dried already. 

Tip: Place an electric fan beside you so you can alternately dry the ones you're done with. It'll lessen your working time by an hour at most.

5. You may or may not the laundry pen to create permanent outlines for your design. I used one so the doodle will be better appreciated. :)))

6. After everything's dry and all, spray the clear acrylic on your canvass. This will prevent the paints from washing off. 

Remember: Just because you used fabric paints and/or sprayed it with clear acrylic doesn't mean your shoes will be invincible. Haha! It can get dirty but don't soak them in water puddles. 

Enjoy enjoy! 

Labels: , ,

felix felicis: The Art Project Series #1: Doodling on canvas shoes

Monday, September 23, 2013

The Art Project Series #1: Doodling on canvas shoes

Family and friends should always receive well-thought out gifts, especially on their birthdays. In my case, I either choose them personally based on their preferences (usually based on my observations or hunches) or something I made myself. 

Last August, which means this entry is posted quite late, I designed slip-ons for a friend celebrating her birthday. I felt like everybody would give her books and school stuff like ballpens and highlighters so I thought of something that'll be cute and unique. Plus, it'll also be a nice experiment for me. I haven't tried painting for a long time now and she's been egging to see my "artwork." So there. 

It's good thing that Google has all the answers I've searched for. Here's the finished birthday present. 



And here's how I did it. Step by step, friends.

Ok, first, the materials we'll be needing:

- your canvass shoes or bag or purse (remember, cloth should be canvass)
- white fabric paint or gesso
- fabric paints or acrylic paint
- brushes of your choice
- black laundry pen (fine-tipped)
- clear acrylic spray
- old newspapers

Time to get started!

1. Make sure your canvass is clean. I used white canvass shoes for this one.

2. Look for a sample design if you need one. I can't find the one I used. T_T

3. Paint the whole canvass with white fabric paint or gesso as base. I have yet to use a gesso in my next project. Let it dry for an hour just to be sure.

4. Time to design the whole thing! You can use freehand or if it's a bit difficult, draw outlines using your pencil. Make sure you'll erase them after you're done and the paint dried already. 

Tip: Place an electric fan beside you so you can alternately dry the ones you're done with. It'll lessen your working time by an hour at most.

5. You may or may not the laundry pen to create permanent outlines for your design. I used one so the doodle will be better appreciated. :)))

6. After everything's dry and all, spray the clear acrylic on your canvass. This will prevent the paints from washing off. 

Remember: Just because you used fabric paints and/or sprayed it with clear acrylic doesn't mean your shoes will be invincible. Haha! It can get dirty but don't soak them in water puddles. 

Enjoy enjoy! 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home