Ronin-like

Ha! Finally, that much coveted weekend.

I felt that I’d been to quiet and detached lately. Maybe because my mind had been talking a lot, nonsense thoughts and meanderings usually. The outcome: I have worried too much about my schedules and ended up procrastinating on each activity. I managed to produce a fairly decent class presentation and a half-baked paper proposal for my Wednesday class. And then of course, failed to submit a paper due this week, ended up doing overtime work just because, and did not show up for Muay training. Majorly unproductive this week.

I tried to reason out there are phases to it. But previous ~trends show that I tend to overcome before Friday comes. I did not do so this week, and during the past few weeks. I was constantly looking forward to moments spent on either dozing off to oblivion or lying down and daydreaming. I promised myself that I’ll finish nagging tasks this weekend so I can start anew on the coming week. I ticked off 2 out of 6 from my Reminders list; four more to go. I have until Sunday afternoon. We can do this, self!

***
Pinned from Pinterest.
In other news, I told a friend that it felt so difficult and frustrating to deal with people I call “tulisan.” They lie, steal and cheat; but they manage to project themselves unblemished in front of other people. It burdens me; especially because I cannot do anything “concrete” about it. I wish I could just jab-straight-jab or jab-straight-hook their cheating faces, but of course it does not resolve anything. Rather, it makes everything worse because I stooped down to their level.

So how do we deal with lower-life forms? Friend reminded me something golden: it will always be frustrating and even tiring. But the experience is loaded with lessons that should be learned well. In the process, “whatever you do, to survive or to fight back, do not lose your soul.” Loyalty and patience. Always patience.


Ok, payt! \m/

Labels: , , , ,

felix felicis: Ronin-like

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Ronin-like

Ha! Finally, that much coveted weekend.

I felt that I’d been to quiet and detached lately. Maybe because my mind had been talking a lot, nonsense thoughts and meanderings usually. The outcome: I have worried too much about my schedules and ended up procrastinating on each activity. I managed to produce a fairly decent class presentation and a half-baked paper proposal for my Wednesday class. And then of course, failed to submit a paper due this week, ended up doing overtime work just because, and did not show up for Muay training. Majorly unproductive this week.

I tried to reason out there are phases to it. But previous ~trends show that I tend to overcome before Friday comes. I did not do so this week, and during the past few weeks. I was constantly looking forward to moments spent on either dozing off to oblivion or lying down and daydreaming. I promised myself that I’ll finish nagging tasks this weekend so I can start anew on the coming week. I ticked off 2 out of 6 from my Reminders list; four more to go. I have until Sunday afternoon. We can do this, self!

***
Pinned from Pinterest.
In other news, I told a friend that it felt so difficult and frustrating to deal with people I call “tulisan.” They lie, steal and cheat; but they manage to project themselves unblemished in front of other people. It burdens me; especially because I cannot do anything “concrete” about it. I wish I could just jab-straight-jab or jab-straight-hook their cheating faces, but of course it does not resolve anything. Rather, it makes everything worse because I stooped down to their level.

So how do we deal with lower-life forms? Friend reminded me something golden: it will always be frustrating and even tiring. But the experience is loaded with lessons that should be learned well. In the process, “whatever you do, to survive or to fight back, do not lose your soul.” Loyalty and patience. Always patience.


Ok, payt! \m/

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home