Magic 20

Three pesos and a few centavos littered my coin purse. I need seven more to get to Eastwood. The jeepney’s about to reach our stop and I’m having internal debates whether to pay the remaining three I had and say sorry to the driver for being too stupid not to have stashed coins; or pretend sleeping and skip paying the ten-peso fare altogether. I was actually inclined to do the latter, all be damned.


Wonder of wonders! There’s a semi-torn twenty-peso bill in my pencil case! I paid my due and gleefully went off. Thank you, Lord! I am saved from eternal damnation. Or possible public shaming.

Lesson learned? Keep emergency twenty-peso bills in bag pockets or notebooks. You'll never know when you'll need it. Or really, just sit at the farther end of the jeepney. When you resort to doing 123, it's the easiest way out. Finally, 123 is the last resort. But if you can, don't it. Just don't. :P

Labels: , , , , ,

felix felicis: Magic 20

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Magic 20

Three pesos and a few centavos littered my coin purse. I need seven more to get to Eastwood. The jeepney’s about to reach our stop and I’m having internal debates whether to pay the remaining three I had and say sorry to the driver for being too stupid not to have stashed coins; or pretend sleeping and skip paying the ten-peso fare altogether. I was actually inclined to do the latter, all be damned.


Wonder of wonders! There’s a semi-torn twenty-peso bill in my pencil case! I paid my due and gleefully went off. Thank you, Lord! I am saved from eternal damnation. Or possible public shaming.

Lesson learned? Keep emergency twenty-peso bills in bag pockets or notebooks. You'll never know when you'll need it. Or really, just sit at the farther end of the jeepney. When you resort to doing 123, it's the easiest way out. Finally, 123 is the last resort. But if you can, don't it. Just don't. :P

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home